Restore Your Teeth With Professional Dental Bridges
Tolley Dental specializes in restorative care to help patients compensate for lost teeth with dental bridge treatments and other services. Our practice is widely trusted in Winchester so you can rely on us to give you real results worth smiling about!
What Are Dental Bridges?
Dental bridges are a set of connected crowns that fill in the gaps between your original teeth. They’re usually made with metal, gold, silver, ceramic, porcelain, resin or a combination of materials. Unlike dentures, dental bridges are permanently applied to your surrounding healthy teeth for a long-lasting and secure fit.
The type of bridges you need will depend on the current state of your teeth and how many of them are missing in total. Our dentists will choose between:
- Traditional Bridges – This popular option cements bridges onto your supporting teeth to fill the spaces in between.
- Cantilever Bridges – If you only have a single supporting tooth, this type of bridge is ideal for cementing on just one side.
- Maryland Bridges – This technique creates metal or porcelain frameworks cemented behind your supporting teeth.
- Implant-Supported Bridges – For severe tooth loss, you may need dental implants surgically secured into your gums to act as a support system for your bridges.
What Are Bridges Used For?
Dental bridges are ideal for replacing teeth lost to cavities, tooth decay, blunt damage, and extractions. They serve both functional and aesthetic purposes for our patients, allowing for effortless use while chewing, talking, and smiling. There are lots of perks that come with getting dental bridges, including:
- Preventing your other teeth from shifting.
- Reducing chances of gum disease.
- Replacing teeth after extractions.
- Improving speech and bite.
- Restoring an attractive smile.
- Maintaining your jaw and face shape.
While bridges have their advantages and disadvantages, our team of experts will go above and beyond to make sure you don’t experience any complications. All our procedures are 100% safe, successful, and precise every single time.
How Are Bridges Applied To Teeth?
Before you get bridges, our team will assess your tooth structure with a dental exam using X-rays or digital scans. It’s important that your supporting teeth are strong enough to hold the dental bridges in place on both sides. Otherwise, you could potentially experience collapsed bridges or infections that require dental implants to fix. The procedure involves:
- Taking an accurate mold of your teeth.
- Sending dental impressions to a lab technician.
- Reducing your supporting teeth.
- Applying temporary dental bridges.
- Scheduling a second visit for cementing.
- Testing your bite post-procedure.
To extend the lifespan of your bridges, maintenance is key. Keep brushing, flossing, and cleaning your teeth twice a day with regular dental-check ups once every 6 months. If you experience any pain or sensitivity, our dentists may recommend over-the-counter medicine for pain relief.
Get Your Custom Dental Bridges At Tolley Dental
At Tolley Dental, we’re ready to help you get the most out of our bridge procedures with durable and natural results. Contact us to book an appointment now.
Love the staff! Love Dr. Tolley! When dental emergencies have come up for my husband and I, they have always gotten us in quickly and provided outstanding service!
I had a very pleasant experience. Everyone is very friendly and the technicians are very good at what they do. Dr Tolley is great…very personable and skilled, great at cosmetic dentistry. Best dentist in the Winchester area (and beyond)!
Wonderful experience!! Very professional yet personable staff. Dr. Tolley was amazing. Got me in and pulled my abscess tooth even during Covid. Highly recommend their dental services. I am very thankful to them all and glad I was referred to them by a friend. If looking for a dentist, give them a call!!
Dr. Tolley, his medical staff, and his office staff are all kind and accommodating. Totally recommend this office for their professional skill and personable care. Thanks so much!